Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Haiku Shuukan #8, Harmonious


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to see that Haiku Shuukan starts to become a little bit more known to our haiku-poets and friends all around the world. It's not an easy task for me to do this weekly meme next to my daily haiku meme, but I am loving it to much to let it go.

This week our prompt is "Harmonious" and I think that word doesn't further explanation, nevertheless I will challenge you all a little bit. Therefore I challenge you to write a haiku with the classical rules as there are:
  1. a kigo or season word;
  2. a keriji or cutting word (it's a word or transliteration mark which divides one scene from the other in the same haiku)
  3. 5-7-5 syllables;
  4. it describes a moment as short as the sound of a frog jumping into the pond;
  5. sometimes a deeper spiritual meaning;
  6. first and last line are interchangeable;
  7. it describes an experience and not how the poet feels about it
Well ... I hope you all will like this "extra" chellenge for this week's prompt.

Credits: Harmonious

This episode of Haiku Shuukan is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until June 13th at noon (CET). Have fun, be inspired and share your classical haiku with us all ...

No comments:

Post a Comment